Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Best of the Worst

There are some days the kpop world is blowing up with big-name comebacks, scandals and exciting celebrity news.




Today has not been one of those days.

No, today's news cycle has ranged from boring to "You call that news?"






To help you wade through all that bullshit, I've rounded up the day's dumbest, most ridiculous, and most unimportant kpop news items. So if you're incredibly bored, hate yourself or think important news is passe, enjoy.














  • Time magazine disses "Gangnam Style" while reviewing Wonderful Pistachios' Super Bowl ad featuring Psy. Reviewer expresses disappointment that company didn't take pains to make ad "relevant to nut lovers."



  • Finally, the inspiration for this post and winner of today's I Can't Believe It's News Award: Seohyun drops her purse. You heard it here first, folks.


6 comments:

  1. The comment about how Psy's pistachio ad wasn't "relevant to nut lovers" is hilariously ridiculous.

    And my reaction to Seohyun's purse-dropping article was the Are-You-Freaking-Kidding-Me face. Seriously guys? Seriously?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think the purse-drop "article" is the biggest case of kpop non-news I've encountered. This beats the "X idol's face is smaller than Y" selca stories.

      Delete
    2. Example: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/rainbow-jaekyungs-head-is-smaller-than-a-cookie

      Delete
    3. This news is super important to me. How else would I know that Jaekyung's chin, I mean head, is smaller than a cookie?

      Delete
  2. I think your graph is a little skewed. I think this is a more accurate one:

    http://i.imgur.com/VaOk4dU.jpg

    ReplyDelete